International Workshop on Market Analysis for Technology Innovations ( January 27 – 29, 2014 )
Venue: COMSTECH Building, 33 Constitution Avenue, G-5/2, Islamabad, Pakistan
Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Standing Committee on Scientific and Technological Cooperation (COMSTECH) invites applications from OIC member states for a training workshop on “Market Analysis for Technology Innovations” scheduled to be held from January 27 to 29, 2014 at COMSTECH, Islamabad. The workshop focuses on market analysis strategies that are useful in development, launch and extension of technology innovations. The fundamental aim of the workshop is to share practical and cutting edge methodologies that will help in achieving an optimal fit between ‘innovation’ and ‘market needs’.
- Mapping innovation specific value networks
- Estimating market size and profit pool
- Uncovering customer needs
- Analyzing competitive dynamics
- Collecting information for innovation
- Designing opportunity analysis framework
Topics to be covered
- Innovation dynamics
- Innovation plan
- Information for innovation
- Market segmentation
- Profit pool analysis
- Customer needs analysis
- Job evaluation
- Competitive dynamics
- Aligning innovation with the market
Who Should Attend?
- Managers and Executives
- MPhil and PhD students
· Dr. Khurram Jahangir Sharif obtained his MBA degree from Lancaster University and PhD degree in business-to-business marketing from Kingston University, England. Currently he divides his time between Corporate Training and a marketing academic position at the Business School (AACSB Accredited) of Qatar University. He has worked with a number of public and private organizations in the GCC, South East Asian and European regions. He is also an Academic Board Member of Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship Programme (TIEP) which has been launched by Qatar Science and Technology Park to train and develop managers, executives and entrepreneurs from high technology sectors. He is also serving as member of the Board of Executive of the International Editorial Advisory Board of International Journal of Innovation and Business Strategies (IJIBS).
· Engr. Saad Nusrullah has twelve years’ experience in patent, trademark, copyright and industrial design filing, prosecution, registration and litigation. He is providing IP services not only to domestic clients but also to clients from USA, Japan, Germany, Canada, Netherlands, Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, India, Turkey, Poland, Argentina and Thailand not only in Pakistan but also in other countries of the region. He has around five years teaching and training experience in IP. He is member of International Trademark Association (INTA), Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA), Association of European Attorneys (AEA), Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) and Lahore High Court Bar Association (LHBA) and IP consultant at Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Islamabad.
Registration fee for foreign participants is 50 US Dollars and Pak rupees 2,500 for local participants, which includes the cost of daily refreshments & stationery only.
Local Hospitality and Travel
COMSTECH will provide local hospitality including accommodation and meals in its Guest House (US$120.00 per day single occupancy and US$ 70.00 per day double occupancy) from its own resources to a limited number of selected participants. Travel grants are not available. Pick and drop service on arrival and departure will be provided to only those who are travelling by air.
How to register for the workshop?
Step 1: Download application form here
Step 2: Submit completed application form to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to +92-51-9205264.
Step 3: If you are selected for the workshop, you will receive an acceptance email.
Step 4: Successful candidates will be required to follow the instructions for fee submission provided in the acceptance email.
Dr. M. Tayyeb Javed
Head - Office of Research Innovation and Commercialization,
Associate Professor - Department of Chemical Engineering
Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS),
P.O. Nilore, Islamabad
Tel: +9251 2207102
Last Date for applications: December 20, 2013
For further information, please contact:
Ms. Hanifa Beg
Fax: +92-51-9205264, +92-51-9220265
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org