Online Workshop on:
Innovation in Entrepreneurship Education -
Using Experiential Learning to Connect Theory and Practice
Organized by COMSTECH Secretariat, Islamabad-Pakistan
Venue: COMSTECH via Zoom Meetings
September 30, 2020 – 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm PST
M. Nauman Farooqi, Ph.D.
Dean of Business & Social Sciences
Professor of Finance & Entrepreneurship
Ron Joyce Center for Business Studies
Mount Allison University
Sackville, NB, Canada
There is a growing demand for educational institutions to evaluate and recognize the importance of learning outside the university setting. The objective of this session is to share the instructor and student learning experience of the use of experiential learning pedagogy in an entrepreneurship course using Practical Organization Behavior Education (PROBE) model. The PROBE model, which was originally developed to teach organization behavior, has been modified and extended to effectively teach various business courses. However, the use of PROBE in an entrepreneurship course is innovative and as such needs to be shared with the learning community.
- Introduce the main features of the experiential learning process,
- Share the application of this methodology for an entrepreneurship course
- Promote the use of the experiential methodology in entrepreneurship and other courses
- Share and benefit from the feedback received from the students
- The session will begin with an introduction to the topic and details of the initiative.
- Viewing of video feedback from students.
- Interactive exercise
- Group discussion and feedback.
- University/College faculty
- Instructional and Curriculum Developers
- Policy Makers and Government Officials
Registration Process for Participants from OIC Member States
Please submit the online registration form before September 27, 2020. Registered participants will receive e-certificates.
COMSTECH Secretariat, Islamabad
Fax: +92-51-9205264, +92-51-9220265